Thursday, August 13, 2009

Something For You Left Field Loungers to Think About

I know that supposedly something like this (video included) happened to Seth Smith a few years ago at Dudy-Noble Field.

Without knowing the specifics of what happened to Seth Smith, I think the difference is the Cubs fan threw beer on Shane Victorino of the Phillies while the ball was still in flight. I could be wrong on that, and the dousing of beer on Seth Smith could be urban legend all together anyway.

Anyway, the Cubs fan- who was a 21 year old- turned himself into the Chicago Police and we'll see where it goes from there. If I were Victorino, I would drop the charges because I wouldn't want to fool with it in the offseason, and the fact that the guys Mom probably bought him the ticket anyway. Also, Kudos to the Cubs fans for booing the guy who threw beer at Victorino. I hope the guy got the Steve Bartman treatment from ya'll.

So, Left Field Loungers, the lesson here is obvious- if you're going to pour your beer on some outfielder, make sure that the ball is NOT in the air when you do it. But I don't have to tell ya'll that- you're the best!

No comments: